Droopy eyelids seem like an inevitable as we age, but there are several ways to counter act those sagging lids. From facial exercises and makeup tricks to surgery and heavy duty creams here are 5 ways to help you avoid, prevent and eliminate droopy eyelids.
1. Eyelid exercises for droopy eyelids. It’s true that you have muscles in those areas of your face. And, there are very slight exercises you can do daily to build the muscles so that they hold up your skin above your eye. eHow has a great list of the exercises that work best. Just remember, you don’t want to stretch your skin or maneuver it in ways that will create more wrinkles and sagging. So, make sure you follow the directions exactly.
2. Hemorrhoid Cream! Yes, for your eyes! Hemorrhoid cream is a great quick fix to droopy eyelids and puffiness around the eye area. It is an anti-inflammatory after all. So, it’s cheap and it’s quick….But, it doesn’t fix them forever.
3. Use Make up to hide the droop! Makeup can make you look incredible if applied correctly and if you use the correct products. Be sure to use a matte finish smokey eye on the lids. This will mask any sagging and make the droopy eyelids look less prominent. On the other hand, if you were to apply a finish that had any sort of shine or highlights to it, it would make it look much worse. So, stick to a matte finish as it absorbs light and do a big eyelash or bright lip to take attention off the droopy eyes.
4. Anti- aging creams that are specifically formulated for your eyes, like ActiFade’s new EyeLid Lift can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles, immediately eliminate sagging and create a more open younger looking eye. Make sure that you buy the cream that works best for you, look at active ingredients, price, etc.
5. Last resort you can go under the knife. If you feel very self conscious about your droopy eyelids there is a procedure called blepharoplasty. It’s where they snip a small piece of your eyelid skin and do some minor liposuction. Check out our post on Upper Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)